Want Romantic Bliss? Use My Top 10 List for Choosing a Lifelong Partner

choosing a lifelong partnerHere is my top ten list of qualities you will want to look for in a man.

I share this list with you as a dating coach, but also as a person with a deep desire to see good women end up with worthy men. I want YOU to end up with someone who will treasure his relationship with you. I want you to end up with someone that will bring out the best in you.

There are few things sadder to me than a woman with a beautiful heart settling for a man that slowly deadens that heart over years of emotional neglect.

To prevent that, allow this list to impact your perception of men. Allow me to influence your perception of who is, and who is not worthy of your pursuit.

This list is in order, with number ten being the most important to your long term joy and satisfaction.

1. You would be proud to introduce him to people that care about you.

2. His life history suggests strong motivation for achievement. This will eventually pay off if, for example, he is still learning how to communicate well with women.

3. He has a face you find attractive.

4. He is willing to allow you to pursue your own interests and career. He sees your pursuits as equally important to his own.

5. You share the same basic beliefs about why humans exist and what our purpose is in life. choosing a lifelong partner

6. He communicates his thoughts well with words. You do not feel like you are pulling teeth when you try to get him to talk about his inner thoughts.

7. He shows a genuine desire to understand what makes you happy. He wants to know what you think about when you become quiet.

8. As you get to know him, you find his interest in you grows deeper and he shows loyalty and respect for the relationship even during (and after) arguments.

9. When apart, a thought about him makes you happy rather than worried or anxious.

10. When you are in his presence, you feel a natural desire to please him. He doesn’t bring out your competitive side or a desire to “prove yourself” in any way. This means you love him completely and you trust your heart in his hands.

I hope this list sparked some helpful thoughts or perspectives for you. Feel free to share it with people you care about.

James Bauer

What Men Secretly Want

After consuming this short-guide, you will possess a secret that men cannot express well because it is so foundational to their view of the world that they don't even realize it is there.

48 thoughts on “Want Romantic Bliss? Use My Top 10 List for Choosing a Lifelong Partner

1. Bliss said:

I’m SO GRATEFUL for this list! I once had a list similar to this, written on paper, and have not been able to find it. JUST last week, I was focused on finding it…and now, you have given me the perfect gift!
    The Universe is brilliant! Thanks for being it’s vehicle for manifestation.
    All the best,

Sometimes it’s the small things that make us happy. For me, this is one of them.

2. Lovely said:

This is AMAZING! It’s like describing me and the one I cared about deeply! Thank you so much James Baurer. Really appreciate all your blogs and mails. I enjoy reading it and apply it to my everyday life. Hope you gain wealth, wisdom, love. God bless you 🙂

Thank you! Your encouraging words are a blessing to me.

3. penny said:

this is a very far fetched list of ideals , in reality no one comes across any guy with all of these, in most cases just trying to meet just one guy is hard enough let alone matching him with a list.
    where are the real men??? I have been on the north east of US for the last 25 yrs and Ive never met a guy thats to say one who isnt already taken, who already has kids and drama , who isnt trying to steal from a woman or use them in some other self serving way, or who isn’t available because he lives far away with obligations to his kids job etc, who doesn’t lie have STDs who isnt a player who isnt mature to handle a woman much less himself or is far too old that he could be mistaken for my grandad or is so over weight, unkempt or both or in the worse case unemployed living with his parents and possess mental illness of a dangerous abusive nature. Ive been on multiple dating sites at a time some of them muliple times over the course of the years These have been the only types of men Ive ever encountered some even done jail time and much worse. I just do not understand why there are so many ugly men that come into my life to cause me grief. If you have any idea where I can meet a real man outside of the above description I will be intrigued to know.

Hi Penny. I do not believe in “the law of attraction” in any metaphysical sort of way. But I do believe the concept is relevant when it comes to relationships.

I’ve noticed a tendency for people to get stuck in certain social circles where they get used to a certain kind of person and naturally gravitate to those same kinds of people over and over again without meaning to. In this sense, we sort of attract people that are similar to those we have known in our past.

Then there’s the internal psychological characteristics in ourselves that can attract or repel the kind of person we are looking for. Some people are optimistic, full of energy, and believe life is beautiful and full of adventures yet to be experienced. When we are cynical or frustrated with life, these types of people don’t resonate with us well. They seek out other people who are thinking and feeling the same way they think and feel.

That’s another way the law of attraction works in relationships. And it’s one of the foundational principles we use here at beirresistible.com. Invest in your own irresistible qualities, and you receive a pay off that is much higher than what other people get when they try to find the right people or change other people.

On a practical level, you might make a list of your favorite people. Notice what makes them your favorite people. Spend more time around those people. Let those people expand your social network by introducing you to their favorite people. Over time, this can have a significant positive effect.

• Lorna (LaLa) said:

James – I agree absolutely with Penny on this one, and have commented before on the apparent impossibility of meeting someone “suitable”. It’s all very well saying “spend time” looking. For some of us there is not much “time” left, and to spend that precious time searching, in vane, for a suitable man is really futile. It’s not easy, either, to move into another social strata to look elsewhere – either up or down, for it must be equally difficult for the people in the higher echelons of society to meet suitable people, in what is a very “niche” situation with fewer people to choose from. How the Royals here in England ever meet someone is totally beyond me – but then, in some cases, they are forced to marry someone they do not love, as we know. Personally, I consider myself middle to upper middle class, and there are not many available men in that sector. And how one meets them is a total mystery to me. I certainly would not be happy with a dustbinman, roadsweeper or even some builders, plumbers, etc. They may well be very nice people, with lots of money, a fancy house/car, but I would cringe going with them out into society – to the theatre, concerts, opera, nice restaurants, and other “upper middle class” events. It may sound extremely snobby, but that is the way it is. Even if you gave me Alan Sugar, gold plated on a silver serving dish, I would not be interested. He is so extremely uncouth. It doesn’t matter how much money he has – or “so-called” influential, wealthy “friends” (i.e. hangers-on). You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. And I, for one, would rather have the silk purse than make do with the sow’s ear – money or not withstanding. What more is there to say? Lorna

• Lorna (LaLa) said:

Penny, I 100% agree with you. That has been my experience, too, and it is nice to know I am not alone. See my other comments on here regarding meeting a “suitable” man. I honestly think that any decent men are being kept well and truly close to home by their wives – clinging on for grim death. The others who are (possibly) half decent and available get snapped up immediately by the predatory women who will take on anything (as James is suggesting), and what is left is not worth having. And I am certainly not a wallflower or a misery, sitting around feeling sorry for myself – I am a very pretty, petite, flamboyant, bubbly, outgoing, self-confident, self-sufficient woman with my own beautiful cottage in the country, chain saw, pick-up truck (for gathering logs) and super gorgeous Mazda open-top sports car (which I drive at over 100 miles an hour, but don’t tell anyone!!). Maybe I scare them off!! But it is not to say, either, that I have not had numerous offers over the last 9 years since I have been single, and many of them from (happily?) married men!! I fear we will just have to make do with a comfy armchair, a good book, and what ever other creature comforts we can muster up for ourselves!! However, it does not mean that we should not still keep out a weather eye, and just learn to pounce first before all the other women out there looking get their claws in. Who knows, we may still be in with a chance. Happy hunting, and best wishes. Lorna xx

4. Rayan Ahmed said:

Hello James
    Point number 2 communicating well through words in my ex position which I felt he was the one for me he doesn’t know how to express his feeling through word just actions he said actions speak louder than word , even when we are apart I don’t feel he cares for me because he dedicated to his job but when we see each other I feel he misses me so mush , although he doesn’t try to do to effort because of his busy schedule he used to tell me if there is away to see each other today for example let us do in my mind I feel he is indifference but I found it’s just his way that he can’t express well through words just through action is this your point your point 6 or something else

Comments are closed.